Auto Insurance Tips
Don’t we all just love our cars—the freedom they offer us, and the convenience! Now, if only they weren’t so expensive to keep on the road...
One of the costs of car ownership is auto insurance. Luckily, there are ways you can manage your auto insurance premiums.
Here are 10 quick tips to help you do just that:
- It starts before you even buy the car. Do research. You’ll find that insurance premiums may vary a lot depending on the type of car you purchase: new cars will often cost more to insure, as do 4WD vehicles and cars which tend to be stolen more often or be more expensive to repair.
- Maintain a good credit history. Insurance companies often factor in your credit score when determining your premiums.
- Education. Oftentimes discounts are available to drivers who have taken an accredited driver’s education course or a defensive driver’s course.
- Don’t drive like a crazy person! Insurance premiums often rise with the number of moving violations you accrue and accidents you are involved in. Ask your insurance broker.
- Shop around. There are surprisingly large differences in premium costs between insurance carriers… and big differences in reputations, as well. Get quotes and ask friends and family about their experiences with their insurance companies.
- Speaking of shopping… an increasing number of insurance companies will give you a quote via email, and may even offer you a discount if you sign up on the internet. But mind the fine print!
- Increase your deductible—or if it’s an older car, consider eliminating collision insurance altogether. Talk to your insurance broker about your choices.
- Bundle up! Discounts on insurance premiums are often available if you have all your cars with one carrier and if you bundle your auto insurance with other insurance policies. Talk to your broker.
- Car alarms. Check with your insurance broker about the possibility of premium discounts if you install a car alarm or immobilizer.
- Stop driving! Just kidding. But if you leave your car at home and take public transit or carpool to work, discounts may be available to you. And you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint. Ask your insurance broker.
At Klondike insurance, we’ve been serving your auto insurance needs in Edmonton for well over 50 years. Contact one of our friendly experts about your auto insurance in Edmonton and area.
Depending on your age, your driving record and how many of your insurance policies we can bundle, at Klondike Insurance we might be able to save you up to 20% on your auto insurance in Edmonton. Now, that’s a saving!
If you want to learn more about coverage options for auto insurance in Edmonton, just give us a call at Klondike Insurance. We’re here to help!